Friday, March 12, 2021

The "Why me?!" dilemma


 Have you ever gone through the phase in your life when you felt just lost and called out to the power above - 'Oh God, Why me'.

We all have sometime or the other , in the losses or failures in our life put forth the question above. Everything seemed unfair and you think what possibly could you have done to deserve this. Exams, heartbreaks, careers, any hardship and this is the most basic and first question that comes to our mind.

However, during one such personal experience, I thought that if this question can be asked in times of tragedy, why not in times of happiness also. When I looked outside, and realized I have always had a roof over my head, a family, food, job, an opportunity to complete my education, I never asked then 'Why me?' .Life sure is tough, and what one goes through can never be understood by anyone else but is there really any gain in comparing the sufferings and resenting people. This does not in any way mean that your pain is immaterial but that someone out there is worse off than you are. Pain is relative.

Lets not ask the "Why me" question and give up hope. Let us harbor empathy for one another and cherish every moment we have. Let us all be strong and winners. Every ending holds a new beginning.

Let me know your comments on the above and share your views on how to be positive during tough times.

3 comments:

Validating your child's fears!

  It is never easy to accept the fact that your child is scared of something. People around you go "oh look at him, he is so scared of ...